Well, this seven unknown things internet meme has been circulating in the web for a while and I am joining after seeing this in a few blogs I follow. However, haven’t seen this in my blogger network from Bangladesh so hope it will make a few laughs.
So here goes seven random (weird) things about me:
1. The veins in my left eyes are dried up, so I practically use my right eye for everything…pirate king!
2. The real break in my programming life came when I went to a programming contest with a team and was declined to participate. We had our rights and they later let us in, but gave us a almost broken PC. We cracked three out of 5 problems straight in DOS edit as the compiler would hardly run
3. I do not watch TV programs for the last 5 years. DVDs and downloaded movies/TV series are the only source of entertainment. My most fav TV series is The X Files.
4. When I was a kid, I was damn fond of toys. I had a whole collection of figures from HE-MAN, J.I.JOE, Thundercats, Transformers, and a few others.
5. I was present only in 48% classes in my second year in college, whereas the rule of thumb was a minimum of 85%. After the test exams, I was given a punishment of attending to library from 8am to 5pm for 26 days where the only thing allowed is study (textbook only). No friends, no gossip, no newspaper.
However, I convinced my father that this punishment was imposed to me as one teacher did not like my attitude in his class; i made my father to the principal with an application where its mentioned that I cannot attend this due to medical condition. Principal had to agree and I only had to do it for 2hrs for the sake of records
6. The first program I wrote for money was a file copying & renaming program in VB6 for $20. It would transfer some old mail server (don’t rem the name) files from an old server to a new one and would rename their extension to match Microsoft Exchange. Exchange was smart enough to read & convert automatically, so it looked as if the program did the conversion. Heh heh.
The fun part is, later another company was somehow convinced that it’s a huge work and went into a partnership with me where I received a down payment of $1500 and a 30% profit sharing with the same application plus a few UI improvement. Not bad
7. I never studied Computer Science nor did any programming classes. I have been in business studies concentration since school and did my bachelors in Business Administration (BBA). Currently I’m pursuing my masters in Business Administration (MBA) as well.
Here are the seven people I’m tagging:
1. Hasin Hayder
2. Anis Uddin Ahmad
3. NHM Tanveer Hossain Khan
4. Omi Azad
6. M.M.H Masud
7. Suhreed Sarkar
And here goes the rules:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.